Tuesday 24 November 2009

Horoscopes

I cling to things, particularly positive timely things:

"'What you don't know can't harm you.'" That is a good phrase (good)... but it requires a caveat (oh?). If there is something that someone else knows, but that you don't know, it can be compromising not to know it, (just a little) especially if that information is being deliberately withheld (don't know that). But if there is something you don't know, and nobody else knows either, why assume that it is going to be anymore harmful than something that you do know?(because somebody does know but I don't know how) You are nervous now, of what you don't know (could say). Go bravely beyond that reservation (OK). It could be good (let's hope so ey?)." (Jonathon Cainer)

Did Belle de Jour feel like this, once upon a time? I have laundry to do... I have a flat to put in order... I have better posts to write...! Then again, it's probably just another storm in my thimble and I should just get on with my day.

2 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Well, Stig, sweetie, when I was a teenager and that, I used to take the horoscope as gospel. I would pore over every word. Now I haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

Perhaps doris day is right - Whatever will be, will be xxxxx

Stigmum said...

To be honest, I don't think I have a clue either! But yep, in Doris style, I hang on the positives and sing! (albeit out of tune but ne'er mind!)