Tuesday 24 November 2009

Mysteries

Yesterday morning I got a text from one of the Big Issue guys saying he liked my blog!

It's always nice isn't it when someone says they like something you do, it makes you feel valued in some way.

Thing is though, and this is quite a big thing; how did he know I was writing one?!

Indeed, this was exactly what I texted back, immediately infact: "How did you know I was writing one?!"

A veritable mystery!

He'd said someone had sent him the link on his blackberry. But who?

Do you, my followers, know him?

On the walk itself I told no-one what I was doing, except man who came with his wife and another couple, but I didn't give him the link nor did he have anything to do with the Foundation, so I have to rule him out.

Google! Somebody found me on google and passed it to him! I put I don't know how many keywords into Google about the night walk but I didn't come up.

It's a mystery, it's a mystery
I'm still searching for a clue
It's a mystery to me
Shot in the dark
The big question mark in history
Is it a mystery to you?
It can treat you with a vengeance
Trip you in the dark
Sirens in the distance
Can steer you from the path
It can lift you to the heavens
Put your troubles in the past
Whisper the elixir
Vanish in a blast
It's a mystery, it's a mystery (Thanks Toyah )

Tis no mystery how the guy got my number, for in my post walk bubble, I thanked all those who bought a raffle ticket off me that morning (by text obviously!)

A friend of mine very recently interviewed Belle de Jour for the New Scientist. He asked her how she was able to conceal her identity for so long. She replied:

"It wasn't internet sleuthing that led to my outing: it was because I'd told someone I couldn't trust." (newscientist.com)

So that's it then, a mate dobbed me in... isn't it?

Who else knows who knows me but didn't know I am doing this?

I have laundry to do. I have laundry to do! I do have laundry to do.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystery solved! We met at the end of the night and were chatting over a much needed beer. I was googling the night walk just to see what came up and your blog appeared (love it). After that, as I bought a ticket, it wasn't that much of a Columbo job. Great to meet you. What a night!

Stigmum said...

Google didn't chuck it to me;)Great to meet you too and what a fab night indeed!