Friday 13 November 2009

Smashing brick walls!!

8.47 miles I walked today!! Perhaps the pedometer isn't lying because when I got to Kentish Town it did say a mile....

Then, oh then I just walked, walked and walked. Into Camden, up through Regents Park, past all the lovely flowers, over towards Oxford Street but not quite, I wanted to avoid busy pavements. Managed to get lost abit but knew the general direction I was going in. Got back up to Hampstead Road walking parallel to Tottenham Court Road and thought, I don't want to walk up there if Jo isn't at the top of it so walked further up again to Euston then up.

It rained, oh it rained. Mental note to self? Take two pairs of socks on the walk, my feet are sopping wet!

I got home and saw that not only had my brother sponsored me, but so had an ex colleague I've not seen for years and what plopped through the letter box just now? A cheque for 50 squid from the CEO of Barclays!!! Weh hay!

The Big Issue set a £250 target and I have smashed it!! My body hurt so much this morning and my mind was so down in the gutter but I managed to walk 8.47 miles and hit the Big Issue's target!!!

I've got to cycle another don't know how many miles tonight with my son on the back. We're going to an exhibition of John Bird's drawing. Yes! John Bird, Founder of the....Big Issue!!

I've been bugging him to meet me. I might not meet him, but hell's bells, I hardly care right now!

The bike ride? Well it's going to be murder isn't it? Not only are my waterproofs not waterproof anymore, but my son weighs a fucking ton on the back of it now! Will my legs carry us? Will they?

Who cares! I've got the weekend off!

No comments: