Friday 20 November 2009

I so love my son xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ages ago my son made a little money box out of card and I told him that any pennies he finds lying around the flat, he can put them in his box and when it's full, he can take it all out and spend it on what he likes. The box is quite full now, after all, we have been living here for years.

This morning he found two pennies on the kitchen floor.

"Mummy, look! Two pence! Can I have it?"

"Of course you can. It's lying there, you've found it, picked it up, it's yours."

On his orders I was making porridge at the time. I don't enjoy making porridge, it really sticks to the pan, but this week he's literally begged me to make it every day.

He came back into the living room, with his cardboard money box and said:

"Mummy, you take this and give it to the homeless people."

"Oh sweetie, that's so kind, but you keep it, it's yours."

"I know, that's why I want to give it to the homeless people because they have to sleep out in the rain. I really want to mummy, please take it."

Words cannot express what I feel. He has already given me a pound for this walk from his tooth fairy money which he's saving towards a nintendo ds. I have an overwhelming urge to cry because I love him so much.

Tonight when I start my walk, he'll be fast asleep in Brighton. I told him that when I finish my walk he'll be waking up.

"When I get home tomorrow I'll send your daddy a text saying I've made it, ok? So you know. Let me give you a big hug, I love you so so much."

I would walk 500 miles
Oh I could walk 500 more
Just to express my love for you my son
For it's you my sweet I do adore

La la la la, la la la la, I love you oh so much
La la la la, la la la la, my heart my soul you touch

(Thanks to my son for being born to me and thanks to The Proclaimers for this outlet to my emotions.)

No comments: