Thursday 12 November 2009

Street walk is no walk in the park

Did you know, the expression 'walk in the park' comes from parks being easy and pleasurable places to walk in? Of course you did, but I still thought I'd check with Google.

Little Miss at Bazza's Boot Camp told me today that she had done a 'night hike' in London for a cancer charity.

"It was sooo hard, the hardest thing I've ever done," she told me. "And I thought I was quite fit!"

She walked with a 'team' and they started their walk going at 18 minutes a mile but by the end, she was saying, a mile was taking them 30 minutes. Her legs could barely carry her to a tube when they finished at 5.30 am, she said, and I laughed, because I'm already crapping myself....

She said there were lots of stops, there was plenty of food, but not to stay at any of them for too long. I'm a dreadful 'stayer' - first at the party, last to leave type girl, so it's a good tip!

I'm walking on my 'own'. It will be nice going at my own pace. Only, after all I done and learnt today, I best be careful I don't get left behind!

No comments: