Monday 2 November 2009

Support worker survey

The council's written asking me if I'll take part in its Service Users Satisfaction Survey.

It's asking me all kinds of multiple choice questions about how friendly my support worker is, how helpful, how reliant. I like my support worker so I'll sing his praises.

Most questions are straightforward: "I feel in control of my money" or "I feel satisfied and happy" or "I feel my cultural needs have been met" (no, no, no!)

Others aren't: "I understand my housing options and feel able to make decisions about where my family lives". You can only give one answer for this double question. By saying yes to the former I have to say yes to the latter, but I can't say "no actually, I'm being punished for trying to make this decision by waiting and waiting even longer."

There are two big boxes at the end where I can put into my own words what I have liked about the service and what I haven't. In huge writing I will say what I like; my support worker, then in titchy writing because there's not enough space I will write what I don't like - the fact that my support worker knows me best but is actually powerless to help me. He's ignored by his managers.

You can do it anonymously but then you can't go into the prize draw for £100 of shopping vouchers.

Sod it, I'll put my name to it, wasn't long ago I wrote to 'needs and access' slagging off the service anyway so they won't be hearing anything new from me.

Do you think with £100 I can shop for a council flat? Ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha haaaaa, I'm soooo funny. They auctioned off another load last week but I wasn't paying attention. Next round I'll wave my shopping voucher. "It was a prize from the homeless housing division!" Good idea no?

No comments: