Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday morning ideas

It's an indication that I may have a lovely time with my son and my friends but the housing situation is never far away in my motherboard.

The idea? Well, a simple one really. I've asked the people in the council to sponsor me, I've asked the two local mp's. Why not ask the leaders of the three political parties my life is trapped within?

Yes! Mr Brown, Mr Cameron, Mr Clegg, will you sponsor me?!!!

It's quite a funny idea really.

But another has come hot on it's tail....

Send an email asking the Leaders to sponsor me and, and this one strikes fear straight through my heart..... cc the local rag.

The local rag is a strong supporter of those against the council flat sell off's.

But a rag is a rag, a human interest story is their bread and butter.

This is what strikes the fear ladies and gents...

I will be the fecking story.

I must think about this.

I've had a nice break this weekend from miles and miles walking and fundraising.

I'm mad enough, I can email the three daddies. Am I totally utterly certifiably mad though in ccing the rag?

Have you ever done what you so don't want to do but you can't help yourself because what you do may, just may, have positive repurcussions for your community?

I haven't.

I don't want to now.

Aaaaargh, decisions decisions, where are my trainers? I must walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and never stop!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Why not? Sounds like a good idea to me, anyway what's the worst thing that can happen?

Go for it, desperate times call for desperate measures. Good luck.

Stigmum said...

The best thing that can happen is they stop selling off council stock and any other policies they have planned to keep families in poverty and more individuals sleeping under cardboard....
The worst thing that can happen that crosses this paranoid mind is the loss of anonymity and also that my son will never get adequately housed on account of my cheek.....
You are absolutely right though, desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures!! Thanks for your empathy xxx