Saturday 7 November 2009

Ready boots? Start walking!

Last night, after writing the Big Issue idea, I thought sod it and signed up to the 18 mile walk.

I am wholly unprepared!!

I balk at walking a mile on these city pavements. They are so hard! So unyielding! So 18 miles? Whatever am I thinking of? Homeless men, homeless women, homeless children.....

Raising money?! This is not my forte! I've put the link on facebook. My friends my friends, I know I haven't spoken to you for ages but would you.....could you... sponsor me?!

How does one go about this? I don't have the time to organise a pub bingo or whatever as the next weekend I have off, I'm walking!!

Perhaps I should ask other people I know. Like Mr King, the Libdem man behind the auctioning off of properties. Yes! He can't intervene for me he says, but he could sponsor me couldn't he?!

Lawyers that I'll cold call on Monday. "Full capacity you say? Oh well, sponsor me...?!"

I hope the ideas will come, I hope they will meet with success!

This could be fun! This could be great fun!

No comments: