Monday 9 November 2009

I have no defence

My possession notice includes with it a defence form I must fill in.

The thing is though, what I discovered today, is that because my tenancy is shorthold, I have no defence.

Great isn't it? The council puts people into temporary accommodation and happily kicks them out of it for no reason, knowing that the people have no defence against these life upsetting decisions!

(I'm a join the dots girl, I sometimes fail to see the whole picture, which is why it's today I gleaned this little bit of information. I am thick, I no longer understand anything)

The lawyer discovered something new though. She already knew that if I take the private option I will be given 100 points and 100 six months later, but she discovered that if I do take the private option I will be suspended from bidding for six months.

"Why?" she asked.
"Because it takes them six months to add on an extra 100 points," I replied flatly, unable to cry, scream, rage.

Oh it went badly what can I say. The woman infront of me was in there for over an hour, it took the lawyer less than 30 minutes to show me the door. "Your situation is ghastly, just awful, but it's nothing exceptional."

I weakly passed her my sponsorship form. She pledged a fiver so at least she's helped the street homeless a little.

I left there defeated and remembered I hadn't eaten since breakfast. If I'm going to do this walk, if I'm going to nail these 18 miles, I'm going to need to EAT. I didn't think about that did I?

Nico Teen? Where are you poppet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Under the circumstances, I'd be tempted to keep the money!

Stigmum said...

It won't be long before I'm blogging about 'fundraising' where you'll see who agrees!